Pentagon Admits More 9/11 Remains Dumped in Landfill

March 1, 2012

by James Corbett   source: Corbett Report    Mar 1, 2012

A new report released on Monday by the Pentagon reveals that some of the unidentifiable remains from victims at the Pentagon and Shanksville sites on September 11th were disposed of in a landfill.

The details come from the findings of a review committee examining operations of the Air Force Mortuaty division at Dover Air Force Base. In the report, it is noted that before 2008, disposal of unidentified remains was delegated of by subcontractors. The guidelines at the time called for the contractors to incinerate the remains and dump the ashes in landfills.

In a press conference earlier this week, Pentagon spokesman John Abizaid confirmed that this section of the report applied to the remains of some of the victims of 9/11.

Read the rest of this entry »


The Winners of 9/11

February 29, 2012

Graham Rayman wrote this article in August of 2011. He covers damn near everything including lawyers’, non-profits’, the WTC memorial and even the truth movement (the parts that make money at least) profits from 9/11. About the only thing he does not cover is the defense industry and Wall St.

by Graham Rayman   source: Village Voice    Feb 29, 2012

For the past ten years, a former volunteer firefighter named Vincent Forras has turned 9/11 into a high-profile career that has taken him on overseas trips, gotten him photographed with mayors, governors, princes, and pro athletes, had him interviewed by national television personalities, has yielded a range of financial benefits, and an endorsement from none other than Don Imus for U.S. Senate.

Forras, now 54, of Ridgefield, Conn., certainly tells a compelling story. In an account he has told to dozens of reporters over the years, he claims that as a South Salem N.Y. volunteer firefighter, he rushed to Ground Zero on Sept. 11, 2001 and toiled there for weeks, leaving only once to celebrate his daughter’s birthday. He claims he got trapped under the rubble for two hours and only a vision from God illuminated his escape, after he promised to devote his life to charity.

He goes on to say that he got sick from the air at the site almost immediately, and became desperately ill to the point where he could barely make it up the steps of his own house. He has many times been sought out by the media as a kind of spokesman for ailing responders.

The problem is that while Forras’s general account remains somewhat consistent, the details seem to change from interview to interview, and among former associates, there’s no small amount of skepticism about his claims.

“He was a phony,” says Donald Hayde, a distinguished FDNY battalion chief with the elite Rescue battalion, “one of those guys who manipulate half-truths to put himself in a good light.” In addition, several of his former colleagues at the South Salem fire house tell the Voice that they simply don’t believe his story of being trapped.

Forras, however, is just one of a range of people, companies, charities, and agencies who have found ways to benefit from one of the nation’s worst disasters.

Read the rest of this entry »


A 9/11 Victim Is Identified by DNA in 2011

August 24, 2011

Nor Cal Truth    Aug. 24, 2011

Over 70 body parts from 9/11 victims were found in 2010.

Could it be that more remains in 2011 have been found?  The NY Medical Examiner does not make it 100% clear if these were body fragments from previous fragment recoveries in 2010 or 2006, or if perhaps more fragments have been found in 2011. Here is the latest from CBS New York:

Forensic technicians have identified another set of human remains found in the rubble of the World Trade Center, nearly a decade after the 9/11 terrorist attacks.

The office of New York City’s medical examiner announced Tuesday that it had successfully matched a set of remains to 40-year-old Ernest James, who had been assumed dead in the Twin Towers’ collapse.

James was identified within the last few days through DNA testing, a spokeswoman said. He worked for the professional services firm Marsh & McLennan Companies, which lost more than 350 employees and consultants that day.

Read the rest of this entry »


Architects & Engineers: Solving the Mystery of WTC 7

August 18, 2011

source: Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth    Aug. 18, 2011

Architects & Engineers for 9/11 Truth is pleased to announce the launch of the Remember Building 7 10th Anniversary Campaign – the most aggressive ad campaign yet. This season we are accelerating our strategic partnership with RememberBuilding7.org in order to make this 10th Anniversary a vital turning point in the pursuit of a new 9/11 investigation.

In conjunction with the Remember Building 7 Campaign, we are very proud today to also release our powerful new 15-minute mini-documentary “Architects & Engineers: Solving the Mystery of WTC 7” as the essential educational component of the new campaign and an exceptional tool for all people who want to effectively expose the fraudulent official story of WTC 7’s destruction and the explosive evidence omitted from the NIST Report. It is compellingly narrated by actor Ed Asner andfeatures a stellar lineup of AE911Truth experts including structural engineers, chemical engineers, physicists and others.

Read the rest of this entry »


Hacking the Saudis

July 22, 2011

by Kristen Breitweiser     source: Huffington Post    July 22, 2011

Breathlessly, six members of Congress have requested that the FBI investigate the “outrageous” allegations that News Corp might have hacked into the cell phones of 9/11 victims and their families. Lickety split, the Justice Department has done so.

First off, does it surprise me that a corporation like News Corp. might try to hack into the information of private citizens for their own financial gain? Nope.

Much like it wouldn’t surprise me if my own government hacked into the private information of its citizens for political gain or… er, I mean, “reasons of national security.” Just ask Dick Cheney and Karl Rove about that.

Read the rest of this entry »


9/11 Families Demand Apology from Media Matters

December 3, 2010

related: CNN Says Fox Takes Heat From Left and Rght Over Analysts 9/11 Remarks

source: 9/11 Truth News       Dec 3, 2010

Responding to a series of hit pieces by self-declared “media watchdog” website Media Matters, a public advocacy group representing 9/11 family members has demanded an apology.

NYCCAN, the group responsible for airing ads urging an investigation into the destruction of World Trade Center Building 7, has issued a statement applauding FOX News hosts Andrew Napolitano and Geraldo Rivera for their fair treatment of the subject and rebuking Media Matters and The Huffington Post for their biased coverage.

An excerpt from the statement:

On November 29, Media Matters published an article entitled, “9/11 Victim Families Criticize Judge Napolitano Comments,” in which four 9/11 family members were quoted as attacking Judge Napolitano, without a single mention of the more than one-hundred 9/11 family members from NYC CAN who share Napolitano’s skepticism. One family member quoted in the article went as far as to say, “Anybody who talks about that is obviously not a family member and just trying to stir the pot and cause controversy.”

Read the rest of this entry »


9/11 Family Group Releases TV Ad Calling for World Trade Center Building 7 Investigation

November 5, 2010

source: Building What    Nov 5, 2010

The NYC Coalition for Accountability Now (NYC CAN) is launching a television ad campaign on Election Day in New York City calling for an investigation into the destruction of World Trade Center Building 7, the third building to collapse on 9-11. Building 7 came down at 5:20 in the afternoon although it had not been hit by an aircraft.

The ad, which is entitled “BuildingWhat?” and can be viewed at BuildingWhat.org, will air 350+ times from November 2 through November 10 and is estimated to be seen by millions of viewers in the New York Metropolitan Area, reaching core target audiences multiple times. The ad will appear on thirteen channels including MSNBC, CNN, Comedy Central, HGTV, Logo TV, Bio TV, Versus TV, MSG, Sports NY, VH1, HLN, CNBC and Bravo.

NYC CAN’s goal is to generate public pressure on the New York City Council to open an investigation into the destruction of Building 7, which until 9-11 housed the City’s Emergency Operations Center, also known as “Mayor Giuliani’s bunker.”

Read the rest of this entry »


9/11 Families Call for Immediate Acknowledgement of Civilian Deaths in Iraq and a Cessation of Civilian Deaths

October 26, 2010

The statement from Colleen Kelley also included a few words about Wikileaks - I have not included those words in my re-posting below. Please visit the source for the statement in its entirety.

source: Peaceful Tomorrows   Oct 26, 2010

Statement by Colleen Kelley, a founding member of September 11th Families for Peaceful Tomorrows

September 11th Families for Peaceful Tomorrows was formed around the core issue of civilian casualties: We did then and we do not now condone the killing of civilians in other lands. Our organization was founded to oppose any action that would necessitate the deaths of civilians. Worse, still, is the denial of any value of these Iraqi lives, through the concealment of their very existence.

For 9/11 families, the rough number 2,996 was rounded up to 3000 through addition. For the Iraqi people, their numbers were alluded to as a subtraction vastly different from any attempt at reality.

As people who are well aware of the suffering, we say stop killing civilians now and take responsibility for those whose lives are already lost.


Two 9/11 Families are $ettling for More

July 25, 2010

Paying for silence?

source: NY Post   July 25, 2010

The families of two 9/11 victims are apparently poised to reach hefty out-of-court settlements.

Relatives of American Airlines flight attendant Sara Low and United Airlines passenger Barbara Keating plan to withdraw their requests for court approval of deals struck in March, according to legal papers filed yesterday.

Instead, they will file stipulations dismissing their cases in Manhattan federal court, Judge Alvin Hellerstein wrote.

The move would leave just one wrongful-death suit, that involving Los Angeles King hockey scout Mark Bavis, a passenger on United Flight 175. More than 90 families received a total $500 million in damages.


9/11 Victims Families and 9/11 Financing Suit Judge at Odds

June 14, 2010

Nor Cal Truth    June 14, 2010

A legal case for 9/11 families that is not related to the case before Judge Hellerstein has either come close to resolution, or the judge may be replaced soon. From the New York Times:

Lawyers for families of 9/11 victims have taken the unusual legal step of asking a federal appeals court in Manhattan to replace a judge overseeing a group of terrorism-financing lawsuits, saying he is moving too slowly in resolving key motions.

The judge, George B. Daniels of Federal District Court in Manhattan, has yet to rule on almost 100 motions by defendants to dismiss the case, the lawyers said in a petition to the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit.

The lawsuits before Judge Daniels seek to hold charities, financial institutions and other defendants responsible for providing money and other support to Al Qaeda and for the 9/11 attacks. The suits were originally consolidated before another judge, Richard Conway Casey; after Judge Casey’s death in 2007, the case was transferred to Judge Daniels.

Read the rest of this entry »


City to Sift Again for 9/11 Remains

March 27, 2010

We are close to 9 years after the fact. The victim’s families (that I know of)  did not push for this effort; the article states that families “received notice yesterday” of the “sifting operation.” Things I wonder:

  • Who is paying for this 1.4 million dollar contract?
  • Who issued the contract and who bid, along with who won the bidding, for the contract.
  • What tools will be used in the sifitng process?
  • Will there be multiple 3rd party witnesses to the sifting process?

source: Staten Island News    March 27, 2010

STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. — Families of 9/11 victims received notice yesterday afternoon that the city will conduct a three-month sifting operation for World Trade Center remains at the shuttered Fresh Kills landfill.

Work will begin on Friday.

“The city is opening a forensic mobile sifting platform at Fresh Kills in Staten Island to thoroughly evaluate the material, using the same techniques employed during the prior operation at the facility at 11 Water St. in Brooklyn,” states the e-mailed letter, sent by Nazli Parvizi, commissioner of the city Community Affairs Unit.

Some 844 cubic yards of WTC material was excavated over the past two years from the following areas in and around Ground Zero: N.Y. State Route 9A (West Street), Haul Road, Cedar Street, Washington Street, Vesey Street, the rooftop of Fiterman Hall and various subterranean structures, according to an attached memorandum written to Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg by Deputy Mayor for Operations Edward Skyler on Jan. 28.

Read the rest of this entry »


“The Jersey Girls” Support Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth!

February 27, 2010

source: Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth   Feb 27, 2010

“The Jersey Girls” support AE911Truth efforts!

We’re proud to have the endorsement of The Jersey Girls, who single handedly forced the Bush Administration to convene the 9/11 Commission after one year of inaction following the attacks of September 11

Architects & Engineers for 9/11 Truth is proud to be working for and on behalf of the 9/11 victims’ family members, in particular The Jersey Girls. We recommend “9/11 Press for Truth”, which is the story of the Jersey Girls and their struggle for the truth. (Watch the companion DVD “In Their Own Words”, here - Nor Cal Editor)

We are pleased that Patty and Lorie have signed our petition. We have also received signatures from Josef Princiotta, Manny Badillo, Bob McIlvaine, Ellen Mariani. Let us know if there are any of them we are not listing here!

Read the rest of this entry »


Photos of Military Deaths in Afghanistan Banned

October 15, 2009

Out of sight, out of mind.

source: Editor and Publisher

NEW YORK The U.S. military in eastern Afghanistan recently changed its media embed rules to ban pictures of troops killed in the war.

“Media will not be allowed to photograph or record video of U.S. personnel killed in action,” says a ground rules document issued Sept. 15 by Regional Command East at Bagram Air Field.

This language is new. A version of the same document dated July 23 says, “Media will not be prohibited from covering casualties” as long as a series of conditions are met. Read the rest of this entry »


NYC CAN News Bulletin

August 11, 2009

source:  NYCCAN

Today we began the signature review, and with much promise! The first step: to do a recount of the signatures the Board of Elections did validate. And, after counting only 5 out of 52 volumes, we have found the Board of Elections reported 229 signatures fewer than what they actually validated inside the volumes. If their count continues to be off at the same rate, we will gain some 2,300 signatures – SIMPLY BY RECOUNTING THE ONES THAT WERE ALREADY VALIDATED. And we have already identified one petitioner who collected hundreds of signatures and was wrongly invalidated, along with all the signatures he gathered! And there are thousands of invalidated signatures ripe for challenging because the signer is on the voter roll but put their wrong address – these signatures will also be deemed valid if the signature on the petition matches the signature on their voter registration form.
Read the rest of this entry »

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 100 other followers